Is your service light reminder on and you have serviced the van yourself and want to turn it off? Most cars have a manual way of doing this so you do not need any tool to reset this light. These are instructions for Mercedes-Benz Sprinters with steering buttons. You will need to perform this procedure after an oil change or if you had your Mercedes Sprinter serviced by an independent auto mechanic. There has been a steering wheel designed changed over the years but the instructions on how to reset service indicator reminder are the same.
Instructions on how to reset Mercedes Sprinter Service Reminder
The instructions below apply to Sprinters that have steering wheel buttons. If your Sprinter doesn’t have steering wheel buttons follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.
Insert key in the ignition and turn to position II.
- Press the menu buttons on the left side steering wheel until you see the mileage.
- Press up arrow until you see Service A in xxx miles or Service B in xxx miles.
- Press the 0 reset button on the side of the instrument cluster and hold until you hear a beep.
- Once you hear the beep go back to the steering wheel and press the menu button.
- Press the up arrow and you should see “Confirm Complete Service”.
- Confirm by pressing the reset button on the instrument cluster by holding it down for three seconds.
MB Reset Service Indicator Guide – Sprinter Without steering wheel controls
1. Switch on ignition. If the exceeding of the maintenance interval is shown in the display, you have to wait until the readout in the display automatically jumps over to total km. Only then is it possible to get into the service menu.
2. Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for approximately 30 seconds until a beep sounds.
3. On diesel engines with a long oil change interval: Press button M (1) repeatedly until “rESEt .51 / rESEt .31” is shown on the display, or on older instrument clusters “rESEt 229.5 / rESEt 229.3” is shown together with the oil can symbol.
4. Press button 0 in the instrument cluster for approximately 3 seconds, release and press again. Should the wrong oil type have inadvertently been selected when resetting the maintenance computer, proceed as follows.
I. Switch ignition off/on.
II. Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for approximately 30 seconds until a beep sounds. III. Press button M (1) on the instrument cluster until “rESEt StoP” is shown on the display together with the oil can symbol.
IV. Press button 0 in the instrument cluster for approximately 3 seconds, release and press again.
V. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
Hopefully this helps you out and allows you to clear the service reminder light.