How do you reset your Mercedes Sprinter service light? Maybe you serviced the van yourself. It turned on suddenly and want to turn it off? Read on to find out.
Most cars have a manual way of resetting their service lights without the need for any tool. The same is true for Mercedes-Benz Sprinters. You will need to perform this procedure after an oil change or if you had your Mercedes Sprinter serviced by an independent auto mechanic. There were steering wheel design changes over the years, but the instructions on how to reset service indicator reminder are the same.
How to reset Mercedes Sprinter Service Light Reminder
The instructions below apply to Sprinters that have steering wheel buttons. If your Sprinter doesn’t have steering wheel buttons follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.
Insert key in the ignition and turn to position II.
- Press the menu button on the left side steering wheel until you see the mileage.
- Scroll up until you see Service A in xxx miles or Service B in xxx miles.
- Press the 0 reset button on the side of the instrument cluster and hold it until you hear a beep.
- Once you hear the beep, go back to the steering wheel and press the menu button.
- Press the up arrow and you should see “Confirm Complete Service”.
- Confirm by pressing the reset button on the instrument cluster by holding it down for three seconds.
MB Service Light Indicator Reset Guide – without steering wheel controls
1. Switch on ignition. If the car display shows that maintenance interval exceeded levels, wait until the readout in the display automatically jumps over to total KM. Only then that it’s possible to get into the service menu.
2. Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for approximately 30 seconds until a beep sounds.
3. On diesel engines with a long oil change interval: Press button M (1) repeatedly until “rESEt .51 / rESEt .31” is shown on the display, or on older instrument clusters “rESEt 229.5 / rESEt 229.3” is shown together with the oil can symbol.
4. Press button 0 in the instrument cluster for approximately 3 seconds, release and press again. If you inadvertently selected the wrong oil type when resetting the maintenance computer, proceed as follows.
- Switch ignition off/on.
- Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for approximately 30 seconds until a beep sounds. III.
- Press button M (1) on the instrument cluster until “rESEt StoP” is shown on the display together with the oil can symbol.
- Press button 0 in the instrument cluster for approximately 3 seconds, release and press again.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4.
Hopefully, this helps you out and allows you to clear the service reminder light. If not, chat us up, and we’ll gladly assist you in service lights resets or on any concerns regarding car accessories and tools.
Let us in OBD2 Australia make your driving experience more EPIC!