Paired with one of the many compatible diagnostic software or application, the OBD2 USB Cable allows you to easily scan and clear engine codes, view and record real-time engine and performance data, view emissions status and much more.
OBD Auto Doctor – Suits all OBD2 cars and will allow you to check engine fault codes and clear them and also check engine sensors data. Works on Mac and Windows computers.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that while other software may work with this scan tool to access other modules aside from the engine, OBD2 Australia advertises and describes this device as a basic scanner only for scanning engine fault codes and viewing live engine data. We do not make any claims of this scanner being able to access other modules other than the engine ECU. Return reasons of product incompatibility/non-working functions due to usage that is beyond its advertised and described function will be subject to our Returns Policy and Terms & Conditions.
It features a stable, high quality, genuine Microchip PIC18F25K80 micro-controller which adds key features such as automatic protocol search and identification and low power consumption.
- ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud)
- ISO 14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud) (KWP2000)
- ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4 kbaud) (KWP2000)
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 500 kbaud)
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 500 kbaud)
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 250 kbaud)
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 250 kbaud)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Older Ford vehicles)
- SAE J1850 VPW (Older GM vehicles)
- Works on all OBDII Vehicles (2006+ in USA) and EOBD vehicles.
- For your vehicle to be OBDII compliant it must have a 16-pin DLC (Data
Link Connector) under the dash.
With the appropriate diagnostics software or application, the ELM327 USB can perform the following operations:
- Read engine diagnostic trouble codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and
display code descriptions with over 3000 universal code definitions in
the database (software dependent).
- Clear diagnostic trouble codes and turn off check engine lights (software dependent).
- Display and record real-time sensor data, including (software dependent).:
Calculated Load Value
Fuel System Status
Short Term Fuel Trim
Long Term Fuel Trim
Intake Manifold Pressure
Intake Air Temperature
Air Flow Rate
Absolute Throttle Position
Oxygen Sensor Voltages/Associated Short Term Fuel Trims
Fuel System Status
- Automatically searches for the correct protocol or can be configured manually (software dependent)..
- Status LED
- Length with USB Lead : 1.5 metres
- RS232 baud rates to 500 Kbps
- Adaptive Timing automatically adjusts ST timeouts
- Power up to AT MA is selectable
- Source (tester) address can be changed
- Can reset all PPs with a jumper
- Receive addresses can be independently set
- A 4800 baud ISO option
- CAN extended addressing support
- You can now perform ISO/KWP bus initialisations without having to send a request
- An SS command allows searching through the OBD protocols sequentially
- A new TA command allows the Tester Address to be easily changed
- Factory calibration for the voltage reading circuit can be easily restored
- ISO 9141 and ISO 14230:
- The slow initiation address can now be varied
- Control over key word checking
- KWP protocols can now transmit 3 or 4 byte headers
Connection: USB 2.0/1.1
Baud Rate: 9600 or 38400
Indicator LEDs: OBD Tx/Rx , RS232 Tx/Rx , Power
USB to Serial Chip: FTDI FT232RL USB to UART
Firmware Version: 1.5
Microchip PIC18F25K80 Specifications:
Program memory: 32K Flash
CPU Speed: 16 MIPS
RAM: 3,648 bytes
Data EEPROM: 1024 bypes
ADC (Analog to Digital Converter): 8 ch, 12-bit
The driver is required to be installed prior to use to get this scanner to work with your computer.
This device does not work with any FIAT vehicle or with software called MULTIECUSCAN.
This device does not work with FORScan. For a list of FORScan compatible devices, see HERE.