Paired with one of the many compatible diagnostic software or application, the OBD2 USB Cable allows you to easily scan and clear engine codes, view and record real-time engine and performance data, view emissions status and much more.
OBD Auto Doctor – Suits all OBD2 cars and will allow you to check engine fault codes and clear them and also check engine sensors data. Works on Mac and Windows computers.
MUltiECU – Suits mainly Faits, Alfas and Jeeps and gives you access to a number of these cars systems. Suits Windows computers.
This is just two examples there are is a number of other options out there.
It features a stable, high quality, genuine Microchip PIC18F25K80 micro-controller which adds key features such as automatic protocol search and identification and low power consumption.
- ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud)
- ISO 14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud) (KWP2000)
- ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4 kbaud) (KWP2000)
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 500 kbaud)
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 500 kbaud)
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 250 kbaud)
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 250 kbaud)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Older Ford vehicles)
- SAE J1850 VPW (Older GM vehicles)
Works on all OBDII Vehicles (1996+ in USA) and EOBD vehicles.
For your vehicle to be OBDII compliant it must have a 16-pin DLC (Data Link Connector) under the dash and the Vehicle Emission Control Information Label must state that the vehicle is OBD II compliant
With the appropriate diagnostics software or application, the ELM327 USB can perform the following operations:
- Read diagnostic trouble codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and display code descriptions with over 3000 universal code definitions in the database
- Clear diagnostic trouble codes and turn off check engine lights
- Display and record real-time sensor data, including:
Calculated Load Value
Fuel System Status
Short Term Fuel Trim
Long Term Fuel Trim
Intake Manifold Pressure
Intake Air Temperature
Air Flow Rate
Absolute Throttle Position
Oxygen Sensor Voltages/Associated Short Term Fuel Trims
Fuel System Status
Connection: USB 2.0/1.1
Baud Rate: 9600 or 38400
Indicator LEDs: OBD Tx/Rx , RS232 Tx/Rx , Power
USB to Serial Chip: FTDI FT232RL USB to UART
Firmware Version: 1.5
Microchip PIC18F25K80 Specifications:
Program memory: 32K Flash
CPU Speed: 16 MIPS
RAM: 3,648 bytes
Data EEPROM: 1024 bypes
ADC (Analog to Digital Converter): 8 ch, 12-bit