The OBD2SCANZ handheld is our OBD2 scan tool that has been created to offer you the best experience and ease of use to get the data you want from your car when you want a stand alone plug and play unit. With a high quality micro-chip manufactured in the USA, Multi protocols and easy to read screen it is the perfect OBD2 scanner to
- View most of the engine data that your car can supply.
- Check why your engine check light is on & diagnose where the fault is coming from*.
- Clear that engine check light once fixed*.
OBD2 Scanner OBD2SCANZ handheld OBD2 scan tool works by being plugged into your OBD2 port and reading data from a number of sensors on your car. You will find this port within 50cm of your steering wheel and it is easy to access. Check our post here on how to find it. This data is then displayed on the easy to read colour screen so no phone or other device is needed as it is an all in one easy to use handheld unit. Great for people who just want a standalone unit and not have to use their phone.
You can check what fault codes are showing and what they mean when they happen on your car. You can also use this tool to see live data while you are driving and it stores freeze frame data which allows you to see the recorded data when a fault was recorded.
You can find out why the annoying check engine light keeps coming on and fivx this problem and clear the check engine light*. Saving you from having to go to to the mechanic and paying $100 for them just to tell you that there was dust around your fuel flap door and this was causing your car to think that it was open (a common problem). It’s an easy to use OBD2 Scanner for people that just want to plug and go.
Full Function List:
• Read engine or emission related fault codes error codes
• Erase and delete the engine fault code
• Turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), warning light, clears codes and resets monitors
• Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes
• Easily determines the cause of the Check Engine Light (MIL), explains what the fault codes are
• Displays Live sensor data readings in both text mode and graph mode (Note that not all live data parameters may be available on some vehicle models)*
• Views freeze frame data to analyse the real cause of engine failures
• Displays live O2 oxygen sensor test data
• Enhanced OBD2 Mode 6 On Board Monitoring Test Results for Specific Monitored Systems
• EVAP System test data
• Retrieves vehicle information (VIN code, CIN and CVN Number)
(Note that on some vehicles VIN is not possible to be read)
• Internet updatable and upgradeable with free life-time updates
Will it work with my car?
If your car is 2006 or newer (if petrol, 2006 and newer for diesel) then yes it is full OBD2 and it will work with your car. If you car is older then please contact us or check out our car list here.
*Some early and even late 2006 models were not OBD2 compliant yet even if mandated by law. Please check with us first to ensure compatibility.
Please note that not all live data parameters may be available on your vehicle model.
How do I install it and get it to work?
All cars have a diagnostics port and if your car is OBD2 it has to be within reaching distance of the steering wheel. Look under the steering wheel and above your pedals and you will find it. Then all you have to do is plug it in and the unit is powered by the OBD port.
Will it clear my engine fault and tell me what’s wrong?
Yes it will do both of these*. You will plug it in and click read codes and it will give you the error code and a description of the issue. Like this P0171 – Oxygen Sensor. So you know the problem is with the oxygen sensor and then the best thing to do is google the code and your cars year and model. e.g. Toyota Hilux 2017 P0171. Nine times out of ten this will be a common problem and the answer will be the first thing that pops up. However it will only scan the engine ECU if you need to scan more modules like ABS or Airbags then you will need a full system scan tool like this one here.
Please note that on some vehicles, the MIL/Check Engine Light cannot be cleared/erased unless the part it is referring to as faulty is repaired or replaced first.
Want the full round down on OBD then check out the wiki link here
“Not very good with computers and this OBD2 Scanner tool was easy for me to use to clear fault codes on my Ranger.”
“Simple and quick too use.Easy to read screen and there is not much to it so easy to use. Great when looking at buying a car.”
“Carry this everywhere with me now after having a fault code that shut us down once.I can just plug this in and check what the problem is and if its something I am aware of I just clear the fault”
- Display: 2.8in Colour Screen 240*320 pixel display
- Power : 12.0 V to 16.0 V power provided via vehicle battery
- Device Dimensions: 155mm x 87mm x 24mm
- Operating Current: 48~72mA
- Weight: 0.3KG
USER MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
*IMPORTANT! PRODUCT LIMITATIONS:
Note that even on some OBD2 compliant vehicles, some functions such as live data, VIN reading and fault code scan and clear may not be possible. This is due to an ECU limitation that prevents third-party scanners from performing DIY repairs and diagnostics. This is NOT indicative of a ‘faulty’ scanner and any return for this reason will be subject to our Terms & Conditions as agreed to prior to purchase. It is imperative that buyers contact OBD2 Australia first, prior to purchase, and provide their vehicle details such as year, make, model and VIN to ascertain whether this scan tool works or not.
Returns and refunds due to incompatibility (without or against OBD2 Australia advise, or refusal to execute troubleshooting/provide the required proof) will be subject to our Returns Policy/Terms & Conditions.