BMW Scan Tool & Mini Scan tool is an easy to use, stand alone unit that will have you scanning your vehicle like a pro within minutes. Simply, plug it into the OBD II port and the device will boot up with step-by-step instructions. This scanner has a large, easy to read colour display accompanied by a user friendly interface that requires no additional software making this the best BMW Scan Tool and Mini Scan Tool that every owner needs to have.
This scanner will allow you to access ALL vehicles systems on BMW and Mini vehicles including engine, transmission, ABS/DSC, Airbag, Body systems, etc. You will be able to read/reset BMW/mini specific codes as well as read live data from vehicle systems. As an added bonus, the scanner is equipped with full OBDII capabilities that allow you to scan all engine readings and related trouble codes (check engine light) on ANY Brand vehicle make/model 2005+. With BMW and MINIS it can cover the older models as well as the newer models. Check the coverage list below.
OBD2 Functions Include:
1. Read Codes
2. Erase Codes
3. I/M Readiness — I/M Readiness indicates whether or not the various emissions-related systems on the vehicle are operating properly and are ready for Inspection and Maintenance testing.
4. Data Stream
5. Freeze Frame — When an emission-related fault occurs, certain vehicle conditions are recorded by the on-board computer. This information is referred to as freeze frame data. Freeze Data is a snapshot of the operating conditions at the time of an emission-related fault.
6. O2 Sensor Test — This option allows retrieval and viewing of O2 sensor test results for most recently performed tests from the vehicle’s on-board computer.
7. On-Board Monitoring — This function can be utilised to read the results of on-board diagnostic monitoring tests for specific components/systems.
8. Evap System Test — The EVAP test function lets you initiate a leak test for the vehicle’s EVAP system. Before using the system test function, refer to the vehicle’s service repair manual to determine the procedures necessary to stop the test.
9. Vehicle Information — The option displays the vehicle identification number (VIN), the calibration verification number (CVN), and other information of the test vehicle.
10.Retrieve generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes and pending codes
11.Turn off Check Engine Light (MIL), clear codes and reset monitors
12. Read live PCM data stream
13. Support CAN (Controller Area Network) and all other
14.Multilingual menu and DTC definitions- English, Spanish, and German, etc
15.Read pending DTCs
16.Read permanent DTCs
17. DTCs search
Special Functions for BMW & Mini:
Oil, Service, Brake Service Reset Function
Reset the engine oil, Carry out the CBS Reset, Exhaust emission inspection, Coolant Service Reset, Spark plugs Reset, Brake fluid Service Reset, Micro-filter Service Reset
Battery Check and Registration
Register the battery replacement, this is a MUST DO JOB, failing to do so may create an over charging situation, shorten the battery life and/or enable limp-home mode
EPB Reset Function
Brake Pad / Shoe changes on vehicles equipped with EPB’s (Electronic Parking Brakes) MUST be carried out using a Diagnostic Tool to correctly re-calibrate. This tool will offer you that capability on supported models. De-activate to Service Position – Replace – Re-activate.
ECTS Reset Function
After cleaning or replacing the Electronic Throttle Body (ECTS), adaptation must be carried out (also the case if the negative terminal of the battery has been disconnected or when the Engine Control Unit has been replaced). This tool will perform Electronic Throttle Body adaptations on supported vehicles.
SAS Reset Function
The Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) is used to measure the angle of the steering wheel and the speed at which it is being turned. The signal is mainly used by the ABS System as part of it’s stability control function but also by other systems such as ride level control and adaptive lighting. A problem with the SAS Signal will cause a fault with any of the systems that use the signal directly, or indirectly.
If the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be changed, many vehicle’s require the new sensor to be calibrated. This tool will allow you to carry out steering angle re-calibration on supported models.
DPF Regeneration or Replacement
Carry out a forced Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration on supported vehicles – this MUST be done by trained personnel. Required when the DPF filter blockage reaches levels where passive or active regeneration is unable to burn off the excess soot.
Diagnose ABS/SRS system codes, read and clear DTCs and turn off ABS/SRS warning light, retrieves ABS/SRS ECU information, etc.
DME/DDE Engine Special Functions, ABS/ASC/DCS Special Functions, EGS Clear Adaptions, Reset Fuel Pump, TPMS Reset.
- 1 Series, Chassis systems: E81/E82/E87/E88 and F20/F21/F52 (2017-present)
- 2 Series, Chassis systems: F22/F23/F45/F46/ F87 (2015-present)
- 3 Series, Chassis systems: E30 (1982-1994)/ E36 / E46/ E90/ E91/E92/E93/ F30/F31/F34/F35/ F80 / G20 (2018-present)
- 4 Series, Chassis systems: F32/F33/F36/F82/F83;
- 5 Series, Chassis systems: E28 (1981-1988) / E34 (1988-1996)/E39/E60/E61/F07/F10/F11/F18/F90 (2017-present)/G30/G31 (2017-present) and G38 (2017-present)
- 6 Series, Chassis systems: E24 (1976-1989)/E63/E64/F06/F12/F13/G32 (2017-present)
- 7 Series, Chassis systems: E23 (1977-1987) / E32 (1986-1994)/E38/E65/E66/E67/E68/F01/F02/F03/F04/G11/G12 (2015-present)
- 8 Series, Chassis systems: E31 (1990-1999)/G14/G15/G16 (2018-present)
- X Series, Chassis systems: X1 E84 /F48 /F49 (2011-2017) / X2 F39 (2018-present) / X3 E83 / F25 / G01 (2018-present) / X4 F26 /G02 (2018-present) / X5 E53 / E70, F15 / F85 /G05 (2018-present) /X6 E71 /E72 / F16 / F86 /X7 /G07 (2018-present)
- Z Series, Chassis systems:Z1 E30 (1990-1999)/ Z3/E36/Z4/E85/E86/Z4/E8/Z8/E52
- I Chassis systems: I3/I01/I8/I12
- MINI: MINI_R50/R52/R53,MINI_R55/R56/ F60 (2017-present)
- Include: Drive , Chassis and Body all system
- MINI: R series and F series of Chassis systems Rolls-Royce: All of RR Chassis systems 7910 support systems： CAS, DDE, DME, EGS, MRS/ACSM, ABS/DSC, IHKA, KOM/INSTR, EMF etc.
How do I use this?
This BMW Scan tool is a standalone unit that is very easy to use you just plug it into your cars OBD2 port. You will find this most likely under the steering wheels or on the inside kick panel by the accelerator pedal. You just need to plug it in and click go on the scan tool it is powered from the cars OBD2 port. Takes 1 minute to setup.
Will it work on my model?
See list above you can see there is a wide coverage from 1987 to present so most likely yes it will work on your BMW or Mini. If you have an older BMW you may have the 20 pin connector under the bonnet so you will need our 20 pin to OBD2 adaptor cable which is here.
What are special functions?
These are service procedures that you need a tool to be able to do it you want to do a number of service functions on your BMW. For example on newer models when you put a new battery in you need to tell the cars ECU this so it treats it like a new battery. If you do not do this it will reduce the life of your battery.
OBD2 BMW Scan Tool Main Unit, OBD 16PIN Cable, User Manual, USB Cable, Protective Hard Case.
NOTICE: PRODUCT LIMITATIONS
*Some features may not be available on some models and makes (may have limited access to some modules or limited functions on some models, particularly older). Please get in touch with us first to ensure compatibility when in doubt. A special software update is and may be required to enable some features and functions. The software update is available in Windows only. It is the responsiblity of the buyer to execute and apply the software updates. A return with a reason ‘the device was not updated’ will be subject to our Return Policy and Terms and Conditions as this does not constitute a ‘faulty’ or ‘defective’ device. Video and photo proof is required for any claim of this product as not working. The video proof must clearly show and demonstrate the claim. Returns and refunds due to incompatibility (without or against OBD2 Australia advise, or refusal to execute troubleshooting/provide the required proof) will be subject to our Returns Policy/Terms.
*Access to some modules, sensors and live data depend sensor or module availability. If your vehicle has NO sensor or module for a particular data feed, the scanner will not be able to read or render live data or show fault codes and is NOT indicative of a faulty scanner. Be aware that some older models lack some of these modules or sensors.