What is INPA and what can it do?
INPA is factory BMW diagnostics software that connects to all the systems and modules on BMW cars not just engine like generic scanners, it reads all BMW trouble codes and gives live diagnostics and data and GUI pages and test functions.
You can perform all the functions that a dealer can and these include things like:
– Scanning all systems and checking/clearing faults.
– Activating new modules installed into your BMW.
– And lots more. A quick google search with what you are trying to do and “INPA” in the term will let you know.
BMW Models Supported:
- E38 7 Series
- E39 5 Series
- E46 3 Series
- E52 Z8
- E53 X5
- E60 E61 E63 E64 E65 E66 E67 E68
- E70 E71 E72 X5
- E81 E82 1 Series
- E83 X3
- E84 X1
- E85 E86 Z4
- E87 E88 1 Series
- E89 Z4
- E90 3 Series
- E91 3 Series
- E92 3 Series
- E93 3 Series
Information About the Switch Positions:
- K-LINE (Far Left Position): Year 2001 – 2007
- D-CAN (Far Right Position): 3/2007 – 2016
*Note that OBD2 Australia will not be held liable for any damage this cable and sofware may cause to your computer or your vehicle. As you are dealing with free, outdated and unsupported software, support will only be provided for the hardware (the cable). Installation and usage of free software and third party guides is at your own risk. We do not provide any activation keys for the software as well. The software links and guides provided are third party, so use these at your own risk. Please see product description and limitations before purchasing. If you have any questions do not hesitate to let us know. Returns due to incompatibility will be subject to our returns policy.