The OBD-AUS HH handheld OBD2 scan tool works by being plugged into your OBD2 port and reading data from a number sensors on your car. You will find this port within 50cm of your steering wheel and it is easy to access. Check our post here on how to find it. This data is then displayed on the easy to read screen so no phone or other device is needed it is all in one easy to use handheld unit. Great for people who just want a standalone unit and not have to use their phone.
You can check what fault codes are showing and what they mean when they happen on your car. You can also use this tool to see live data while you are driving and it stores freeze frame data which allows you to see the recorded data when a fault was recorded.
You can find out why the annoying check engine light keeps coming on and fix this problem and clear the check engine light. Saving you from having to go to to the mechanic and paying $100 for them just to tell you that there was dust around your fuel flap door and this was causing your car to think that it was open (all to common problem).
• Handheld scanning tool that supports all OBD2 protocols
• Compatible with most OBD II compliant vehicles. In Australia these are cars 2005 and newer.
• 3000 fault code definition database
• Read diagnostic trouble codes – Remove fault codes and turn off your engine light
• 16-pin socket
• Vehicle Information reading – Vin and other numbers
Full Function List:
• Read engine or emission related fault codes error codes
• Erase and delete the fault code
• Turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), warning light, clears codes and resets monitors
• Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes
• Easily determines the cause of the Check Engine Light (MIL), explains what the fault codes are
• Displays Live sensor data readings in both text mode and graph mode
• Views freeze frame data to analyise the real cause of engine failures
• Displays live O2 oxygen sensor test data
• Enhanced OBD2 Mode 6 On Board Monitoring Test Results for Specific Monitored Systems
• EVAP System test data
• Retrieves vehicle information (VIN code, CIN and CVN Number)
• Internet updatable and upgradeable with life-time update free
Will it work with my car?
If your car is 2006 or newer then yes it is full OBD2 and it will work with your car. If you car is older then please contact us or check out our car list here.
How do I install it and get it to work?
All cars have a diagnostics port and if your car is OBD2 it has to be within reaching distance of the steering wheel. Look under the steering wheel and above your pedals and you will find it. Then all you have to do is plug it in and the unit is powered by the OBD port.
Will it clear my engine fault and tell me whats wrong?
Yes it will do both of these. In the app you just click on check engine faults. It will then come up with code like this P0171 – Oxygen Sensor. So you know the problem is with the oxygen sensor and then the best thing to do is google the code and your cars year and model. e.g. Toyota Hilux 2017 P0171. Nine times out of ten this will be a common problem and the answer will be the first thing that pops up.
Want the full round down on OBD then check out the wiki link here!
“Not very good with computers and this OBD2 Scan tool was easy for me to use to clear fault codes on my Ranger.”
“Simple and quick too use.Easy to read screen and there is not much to it so easy to use. Great when looking at buying a car.”
“Carry this everywhere with me now after having a fault code that shut us down once.I can just plug this in and check what the problem is and if its something I am aware of I just clear the fault”
- Display: Backlight 128*64 pixel display with contrast adjustment
- Power : 8.0 to 18.0 V power provided via vehicle battery
- Dimensions: 127mm x 78mm x 20mm
- Weight: 0.4KG