Battery Monitor Features:
– Receive notification of battery conditions when enter bluetooth range
– Check starting system and charging system (alternator)
– List the start and end time of each driving cycle
– Alert mobile phone if battery issues
– Review voltage history in graph mode
– Short-circuit and reverse connection protection
– Data stored in device up to 35days if phone does not connect
– Ultra-low power consumption, average current: 1.0 mA
– Connect quickly and easily to battery
– Free app for iOS & Android users
– Compatible with all 12-volt vehicle batteries: Voltage: 9-16V
Battery Monitor App:
Use for: All 12V Vehicle Battery
APP Name: Battery Monitor BM2 (This app is free and will do 1 battery)
For multiple batteries you will need the App BM3 this app costs $14.99
(ios Multi-Battery Monitor)
BM2 App Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dc.battery.monitor2&hl=en_AU
BM3 App Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dc.bm3&hl=en
How do I install this?
Installation is straight forward you just need to connect the modules cables to the positive and negative terminals of your battery. Then you can stick the unit to the side of the battery or where else you want it. Then download the app and follow instructions.
Will it warn me if there is an issue?
Yes it will. You will get a notification on your phone if there is a issue with the battery this could be low voltage when starting the engine or a issue with the charging system it will let you know.
How does it connect each time?
As it is the latest bluetooth it means that you can have multiple devices hooked to your phone. So as long as you have the bluetooth turn on your phone then when you get with 5-10m of your car it will automatically connect and update data into the app.
Can it help me find issues with battery?
Yes handy unit to have as it graphs your battery voltage so allows you to check what is going on and if there is a issue with your battery or maybe there is something that is discharging the battery that is causing the issue.