You have your OBD2 scan tool and now you need to choose what OBD2 Apps you would like to use with it. We will keep these simple and just suggest the best two OBD2 apps that we have tested and use all the time ourselves.
One of the primary considerations when you choose OBD2 apps, is if people are using an Android or iOS device. If you are using an Android device, then we suggest Torque OBD2 app. And if you are using an iOS device, then we suggest EOBD Facile. We will explain a bit more about both below.
Torque – Android
This app is fantastic and has been around for many years. It does constant updates and now has over 1,000,000 downloads. It allows you to see all of your engine data live on your device and you can make up custom dashboards, check your engine error code, and reset your engine check light.
- Multiple themes to change the look of your dashboard
- Supports screenshot sharing
- GPS-based compass
- You can Graph data
- Alarms and warnings that can you can set when your car reaches a certain coolant temperature
- If you want some extra features, you need to shell out for a paid version that is $4.99
- Can sometimes take a couple of goes to connect but this is more based on your phone settings than the app.
Paid Version ($4.99): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en_AU