Below we will list some OBD2 apps for your scan tool. These apps will only work if you have an OBD2 scan tool. Better get one of these from us today if you need them.
Anyway, we split these OBD2 apps into Android (for Samsung, etc.) and iOS (for Apple).
OBD2 Apps for Android Devices
This comes in both a free and paid version. The free version is good and gives you the most information you need. But the paid version allows you to add custom PIDS and other things.
See what your car is doing in real-time, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more! Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging, so you can see what you were doing at any point in time. It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scan-tool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
- Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
- Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
- 0-60 speed timings – more accurate than just using plain old GPS – see how fast your car is (or truck )
- CO2 emissions readout
- Customisable dashboard & profiles
- Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBD2 data overlay – a black box for your car/truck!
- Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to Twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
- Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
- Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
- Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / Openoffice reader
- Heads up display / HUD mode for nighttime driving
- Compass (GPS Based) that won’t suffer magnetic interference
- GPS Speedometer/Tracking and real-time web upload capability – see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
- Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
- Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
- Car dock support
- Graph data
- Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
- AIDL API for third-party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
OBD Car Doctor
OBD Auto Doctor is the advanced OBD2 car diagnostics tool in your pocket!
Ever wonder why the check engine light or MIL keeps going on? Check and reset the trouble codes with OBD Auto Doctor. With this OBD2 diagnostic app, you can communicate with your car’s OBD2 system quick and easy, and turn your mobile into a highly capable automotive scanner.
OBD Auto Doctor is an ideal app for everyone interested in getting to know their car better. Whether you want to monitor vehicle data in real-time or reset the “check engine” light, this is a must-have tool and the only OBD2 software you need!
Capabilities and benefits:
- Read readiness monitor status to make sure your car is ready for emissions testing
- Browse through the On-Board Diagnostic Monitors for advanced diagnostics
- Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Freeze Frame, and clear the codes and MIL
- Monitor fuel consumption while you drive and save money on gas/diesel
- View OBD2 parameter and sensor data in real-time to detect abnormalities
- Monitor OBD2 sensor data in numerical or graphical presentation
- Support for multiple electronic control units such as engine and transmission
Some additional features:
- Send diagnostic data via email
- Record and send sensor data via email as .csv format
- Read Vehicle Identification Number, Calibration Identifications and Calibration Verification Numbers of ECU
- Build-in DTC database with over 18000 trouble codes including thousands of manufacturer specific codes
- Support for both imperial (English) and metric units
EOBD Facile – OBD 2 Car Diagnostic for ELM327 Wi-Fi
Run a diagnosis on your car with your Smartphone or Android tablet… and discover why your engine light is on… no need to check the manufacturer’s manual !
Connect an ELM 327 interface to your car’s OBD port (OBD2) and run the application: you will be able to read the engine and transmission fault codes and view data from your vehicle in real-time.
EOBD Facile Features:
- View engine and transmission fault codes (also known as DTCs) and see their meaning (over 11,000 definitions available)
- Delete fault codes
- Clear the MIL or the Malfunction Indicator Light (check engine light)
- See manufacturer-specific OBD2 error codes for the following brands: Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, Opel, BMW, Ford, Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes, GM, Chevrolet, Pontiac etc.
- Real-time display of vehicle sensors and possibility of recording in a file. Depending on your vehicle’s configuration you will be able to see: vehicle speed, engine rpm, engine temperature, ignition timing, engine torque, the amount of air intake, etc.
- Create records of your trips on your SD card and read them using our EOBD-Facile PC/ Mac software
OBD2 Apps for iOS Devices
OBD Fusion is an app for your car that allows you to read OBD2 vehicle data directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. You can clear your check engine light, create customised dashboards, read diagnostic trouble codes, estimate fuel economy, and much more! OBD Fusion is also available for Apple Watch!
Is your check engine light on? Do you want to monitor fuel economy and usage in your vehicle? Do you want cool looking virtual dashboards on your iPhone or iPad? If so, OBD Fusion is the app for you! Professional mechanics use OBD Fusion, do-it-yourself mechanics, and vehicle owners who want to monitor their vehicle and daily driving habits. Drive smarter, improve your fuel economy, and keep your engine healthy!
OBD Fusion is brought to you by OCTech, LLC, the makers of TouchScan and OBDwiz. Now you can get the same outstanding features for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad!
OBD Fusion has a ton of features, including:
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes and your Check Engine Light (MIL)
- Real-time dashboard display with fully customisable gauges
- Performance calculations for 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph track times
- Fuel economy MPG (US and UK), l/100 km or km/l calculation
- The full diagnostic report can be stored and emailed
- Real-time graphing of multiple signals
- Multiple trip meters
- Log data to CSV file and email CSV files
- Create custom enhanced PIDs
- Includes some built-in enhanced PIDs for Ford and GM vehicles
- Display Boost pressure in real-time
- Show Engine Horsepower and Torque
- Display Calculated Air-to-fuel ratio
- Display battery voltage
- Read freeze-frame data
- Fully customisable units, including English, Imperial, and Metric units
- Real-time graphing
- Over 150 supported PIDs
- Displays vehicle information including VIN and calibration ID
- Emissions readiness for each US state
- Find out if your car will pass emissions inspection
- Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
- On-board Monitoring Tests (Mode $06)
- In-performance Tracking Counters (Mode $09)
- GPS tracking – plot vehicle parameters on a map in real-time
- Integrated Dropbox functionality
- Available in English, Czech, French, Italian, Spanish and Greek
- Manufacturer Specific Enhanced Diagnostics are available for certain vehicles through In-App purchases
Car Scanner ELM OBD2
See what your car is doing in real-time, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Car Scanner is a vehicle / car performance / trip computer / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Wi-Fi or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
Car Scanner gives you a bunch of unique features:
- Lay out your own dashboard with the gauges and charts you want!
- Add custom (extended PIDs) and get information, that was hidden from you by the car manufacturer!
- It can also show and reset a DTC fault code like a scan tool. Car Scanner includes a vast database of DTC code descriptions.
- Car Scanner allows you to read free-frames (sensors state when DTC is saved).
- Now with Mode 06 – you can get ECU self-monitoring test results. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
- Check if your car is ready for emission tests.
- Check all the sensors on one screen
- Car Scanner works with any vehicle that uses the OBD2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996, check carscanner.info for more details).
- It includes a lot of connection profiles, that give you some extra features for Toyota, Mitsubishi, GM, Opel, Vauxhal, Chevrolet, Nissan, Infinity, Renault, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda Skyactiv, and others.
- Car Scanner dashboard includes a HUD mode, that you can use to project data to your windshield.
- It provides a tool for very accurate acceleration measurements (0-60, 0-100, etc.)
- Car Scanner can be used as a trip computer and can show you fuel consumption statistics!
- And one more thing – Car Scanner provides the widest variety of features for FREE across the App Store.