In this article, we’ll talk about an app every Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler owner should have – the OBD JScan app.
What is the OBD JScan about?
When we talk about Jeeps and Dodges, we see outdoors and force. While Chryslers usually invoke a feeling of the city and finesse. Either way, these vehicles need their regular diagnostics to keep the engine, and the rest of the system, in shape.
The traditional way to do these diagnostics is to take the vehicle to the dealer or to your trusted mechanic. However, from experience, this can be time-consuming and surprisingly expensive. Technological advancements now give us a cheaper yet still effective alternative to professional help on your cars, and you can find it in the palm of your hand!
OBD JScan is one of a multitude of mobile apps now available on the market that transforms your mobile device into a professional scan tool. Now, you can easily access your vehicle’s systems, see live data from sensors, and perform diagnostics and settings customizations on your own phone or tablet!
What makes the app special is not just that it’s a powerful scan tool, but it’s also made exclusive for Jeeps, Dodges and Chryslers which only a few OBD apps are. To see the models compatible with the app, view it here.
What can the OBD JScan do?
But what can the app really do? Here are a few of the key features of the OBD JScan app:
- Connect to your vehicle and see its VIN data already appear on the Startup Screen. Validate your vehicle information if needed.
- Easily read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). The app provides descriptions for your convenience.
- Available Modules per vehicle are available. Note the year of your vehicle as some modules do not appear for certain model-year.
- Access live vehicle data, activate module tests, view vehicle info, and read about your car’s DTCs through the Module Screen
- Select PIDs to view vehicle sensor’s Live Data
- View readiness tests via Advanced Diagnostics
How to use the app?
To use the OBD JScan app, you need to follow these steps:
- Install your OBD JScan app on your mobile device. The app is available on both Google PlayStore (for Android devices) and Apple AppStore (for Apple devices).
- Plug in a reliable and compatible Bluetooth OBD2 adapter onto your vehicle’s OBD2 port. You can find this a few feet away from your steering wheel.
- Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position. Your adapter should be turned on and/or has its LED indicator light blinking (depends on your adapter)
- Start the app and connect it to your adapter. Make sure your Bluetooth is on.
- Select the correct VIN that matches your vehicle.
- You can now access your car’s system and use the functions of the app
Our Final Word
If you plan on doing your own repairs and maintenance, tools like the OBD JScan has proven to be invaluable in ensuring that you will do your DIY project properly. Vehicles such as a Jeep, Dodge, or Chrysler require a special amount of care.
The OBD JScan app is the best tool to access the car’s system and give it the best care. And we cannot just stress enough how easy to use the app, the convenience of having a diagnostic tool on your phone, and the long-term savings you earn with fewer visits to the repair shop while your vehicle is always in tip-top shape.
If you have more questions about OBD2 apps, how to D.I.Y., or with your vehicle in general, allow us to help through our informative articles. Or, you can chat with our friendly customer service team. We’ll be more than happy to talk to you about cars, accessories, and much more!