Can your Toyota Prado work with an OBD2 diagnostic tool?
You need to answer a couple of questions first. Is your Toyota Prado manufactured between 2004 and 2006? Is it a 4-speed auto or 5-speed manual?
If both are correct, then it will NOT work right away when you plug a typical OBD2 scan tool in. What you need to do is get one of our OBD-AUS Bluetooth scan tools*. Then download the Torque App Pro version which will cost you $9.99 for the app.
If your Toyota Prado is a newer model (preferably late 2007 and up), then you will not have any problems as it is full OBD2 and will work straight away.
The Torque app’s pro version allows you to enter a custom txt string onto the vehicle’s profile. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the small cog icon in the bottom left of the home screen of the Torque App.
- Then click on Vehicle Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the button “show advanced settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page and you will see some yellow text with “Very Advanced – ELM327 custom….”.
- Now in the line after this you will want to place in the below text: ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100
- Press the save button and your Toyota Prado should now work with an OBD2 scan tool*.
If you’re looking for other quality scan tools or any other car accessories, visit our site here.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This mod may not work on some Prados and can be hit or miss, so use at your own risk, and is not a guarantee that any or even our OBD2 device will work despite following the advise above. This blog entry is an FYI and DIY only, so further support regarding coding and issues with making the coding work will have little to no support. Returns due to our product not working will be subject to our Returns Policy as outlined on our Terms And Conditions.